St Barnabas Anglican Church
Across the road on Van Riebeeck Street is the St Barnabas Church. The first St Barnabas Anglican Church was build in 1859. The present striking white building (dating to 1889) replaced the older building. The Anglican congregation's first chapel was consecrated in 1860. At the same time (1865) 16 pupils attended school in the building next door.