STILL BAY LIONSCLUB: WE SERVE BECAUSE WE CARE
MEMBERS: THE LIFE LINE OF SERVICE TO OUR COMMUNITY
2. WHAT SERVICES DO LIONS RENDER
Lions render services worth US$ millions per year to people in need. These services include the following: sight prevention and cure; physical and otherwise challenged; youth; needy: and disaster relief
4. WHICH SERVICES ARE PERFORMED
Services are financed from own fundraising projects, of which the annual Food and Wine Festival; the running of the beer tent during the Touch Rugby event; and the Golf Sponsor day are the most important. Services rendered to the community and individuals in need are undertaken by way of projects and can be classified under the following headings: Health Promotion, Environment Conservation, Youth Development, Poverty Relief, Services to the Aged and Disaster Reliëf.
5. WHAT DOES LIONS OFFER TO ITS MEMBERS
The privilege of serving your fellow human being, making new friends, fellowship, self- development, acquiring leadership and other new skills, as well as quality training. All of this for a modest membership fee.
• HIRE OF LIONS CLUBHOUSE AND EQUIPMENT - ONGOING
( * In partnership with Seagulls Rugby Club as a bridge building exercise)
COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS
• EYE TESTING AND PROVISIONING OF SPECTACLES
• AUXILLIARY SUPPORT: CATARAC OPERATIONS
• DELIVERY OF 2 DAILY NEWS PAPERS TO HUIS STILBAAI
• HUIS STILBAAI: BIRTHDAY PRESENTS TO RESIDENTS – MONTHLY
• ARRANGE "PEACE POSTER" COMPETITION FOR THE YOUTH MARCH
• SUPPORT SERVICES DURING EMERGENCIES – WHERE NECESSARY.
OTHER ACTIONS TO STRENGTHEN THE CLUB
• ON GOING ADVERTISING, LIAISON WITH STAKE HOLDERS AND MARKETING
• REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE OF CLUB HOUSE
• STRENGTHENING MEMBERSHIP AND SERVICE DELI